Thursday, January 16, 2014

Movie Review 'Frozen'

I watched the movie 'Frozen'. I was really excited because they said it wasn't even open yet in Korea. 'Frozen' was a fantasy animation movie, and the characters were Elsa, Anna, Kristoff (and his reindeer Sven), Olaf, and prince Hans of the Southern Isles.  This story takes place in the Kingdom of Arendelle, which is near the High Mountains where the wise trolls live. This movie was just basically about Anna helping Elsa to control her powers and Elsa thawing Anna's frozen heart by showing an act of true love.  


The characters in the movie 'Frozen'

Everything started because Elsa made a mistake when Elsa and her little sister, Anna were still young. When Elsa was playing with Anna, she struck Anna's head with the ice or winter or whatever she made shoot out of her hands. The King and Queen were very worried because Anna turned ice cold. They went to Pappie Troll to ask for help.I like what Pappie Troll says in this part, because it also connects to the ending of this movie. The troll says "She is lucky that it was her head. The head can be persuaded, but it's hard to change the heart." If I remembered it right. This sort of connects to the end of the movie because even though Elsa kept thinking about hiding and concealing her curse, it couldn't change her heart (which still loved her sister).





At the first part of the movie, when Hans came out I was all like, 'I don't like that guy.'. I mean Anna is crazy if she expects to marry someone just like that. By the way, Hans is the greedy guy who wanted to rule over Arendelle because he was the 12th son back in his place, and he would never be given a chance to rule. 

Prince Hans of the Southern Isles


I got really sad when the King and Queen (Anna and Elsa's parents) got caught up in a storm and died while traveling by boat. The only people who understood Elsa's powers were her parents and now they were gone. I also got really sad when Elsa shut her door and wouldn't let anyone in. Even Anna. I know that it was all just to protect Anna, but still I think it would be hard to understand why your sister has suddenly turned her back on you and shutting you out for no apparent reason. Elsa must have been really cold and lonely being in stuck in that room for years too.

Do you want to build a snowman?

From this movie, I learned that love is something that you can never change. Even with the long separation between the sisters, they still loved each other enough to risk their own lives for each other. I was also touched by Olaf's heart warming words. When Olaf lit a fire for Anna to keep her warm, he started to melt. (This is obvious since even if he's a talking one, he is a snowman.) When he said, "Some people are just melting for." I was really touched. I think Olaf showed qualities of leadership in a funny and cute way. He really shows how to put others before you and do your best to help others. Personally, I think the best part of this movie was -the walking talking funny and cute- snowman, Olaf.





This movie made me think about my brother back at home. This movie is perfect to watch with your family on a cold day. I really suggest that you watch this movie(especially with your family)!

 









1 comment:

  1. Great review Seung Yeon - having used an excellent introduction, summary of the story with mentioning how you felt at certain parts and answering questions of lessons learnt, leaderships and supporting your opinion with examples. Great use of pictures providing a good presentation. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete